A successful dissertation proposal defense (Chs. 1 – 3) on 05/02/16 to lift me to Ph.D. candidacy! Please visit https://youtu.be/PB7bgqUMVO4 to see part II, the dissertation defense!
Title: AN EXAMINATION OF DIFFERENCES IN DIVISION I FBS STUDENT-ATHLETE ACADEMIC AND ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE
In this quantitative study, I propose to examine how NCAA Division I FBS student-athletes of various academic and athletic ability levels differ on three frameworks chosen to represent internal factors.
The types of performers were categorized as:
1) high academic, high athletic
2) high academic, low athletic
3) low academic, high athletic
4) low academic, low athletic
The three frameworks chosen to represent internal factors:
1) Psychological – Mindset (Dweck, 2006)
2) Developmental – Personal Growth Initiative (Robitschek, 1998)
3) Behavior-Based – Academic, Social, & Everyday Experiences (Cox, Sandstedt, Martens, Ward, Webber, & Ivey, 2004)