The University of Luxembourg invites applications to hire outstanding researchers within its Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education as Doctoral candidate in psychology / computer science (M/F)
Duration: 14 months fixed-term contract, renewable up to 3 years (36 months PhD studies program)
Starting date: 1st February 2018
About the project:
- The aim of this project is to use computational models to process large behavioural datasets to better understand how humans learns and to develop new techniques and algorithms to drastically improve human learning.
- Selected student will be jointly supervised by Prof. Pedro Cardoso-Leite (expert in experimental psychology, ATTRACT fellow, University of Luxembourg) and by Prof. Paul Schrater (expert in psychology and computer science, University of Minnesota).
- Selected student is expected to spend several stays within each partner institution (i.e., Minnesota, US and London, UK).
- Applicant must be proficient in Data Science / Statistics, Machine Learning, Experimental Psychology, development skills in R or Python.
- Applicant must possess fluency in written and verbal communication skills in English.
Applications (in English) must be submitted online and must include the following:
- CV including contact address, work experience and list of publications
- Cover letter explaining motivation
- Transcript of all courses and grades for Bachelor and Master program
- Research statement and topics of particular interest to the candidate (300 words)
- Contact information for at least two referees
|Organization||University of Luxembourg|
|Subject areas||Psychology, Computer Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15th December 2017|