classiera loader

Forum

Can you plz help me...

Can you plz help me finding decission making questionnaire and author details?  

RSS

Can you plz help me finding decission making questionnaire and author details?

4 Answers

Decision making style scale items
dmsq1. My style is more spontaneous action than cool deliberation.
1 = strongly disagree, 2 = disagree, 3 = neither agree nor disagree, 4 = agree, 5 = strongly agree
dmsq2. When things go wrong at work it takes me a while to get over it.
1 = strongly disagree, 2 = disagree, 3 = neither agree nor disagree, 4 = agree, 5 = strongly agree
dmsq3. High risk activities excite me.
dmsq4. I am someone who prefers routine to uncertainty.
dmsq5. I would rather achieve balance than success in my life.
dmsq6. I like to make decisions quickly and instinctively.
dmsq7. I never upset people
dmsq8. Before buying a quite expensive item I do exhaustive research.
dmsq9. I am the sort of person who can easily shrug off a set-back and keep on going.
dmsq10. I like to put myself in situations where anything can happen.
dmsq11. I feel happiest working with tried and tested methods.
dmsq12. I am much less concerned with achievement than with my personal fulfilment.
dmsq13. Nothing makes me angry
dmsq14. I prefer to jump into new situations rather than trying to calculate in advance what might
happen.
dmsq15. I like to gather a lot of data on any new opportunities that arise.
dmsq16. My mood goes up and down as a result of what happens at work.
dmsq17. I find it is best to trust instinctive reactions to situations.
dmsq18. To help ensure things run smoothly I like routines and systems.
dmsq19. When I play a game the only thing that matters is winning.
dmsq20. I have no bad habits

dmsq21. I like areas of work where gut feeling rather than careful analysis is needed.
dmsq22. I can shut off emotionally from things that happen at work.
dmsq23. I love taking chances.
dmsq24. I like tasks where the end result is unpredictable.
dmsq25. Occasionally people make me angry
dmsq26. Success is all that matters to me.
dmsq27. When undertaking a task, my style is to take a highly structured approach.
dmsq28. I tend to be very emotionally involved with almost any role I perform.
dmsq29. I find the uncertainty of big changes stimulating.
dmsq30. I’m always patient with people
dmsq31. I prefer situations that are not guided by the rules.
dmsq32. My main motivation is to be a star in my field.
dmsq33. I like to study the evidence in detail before making choices.
dmsq34. When there is a big event coming up at work, I find it hard to put it out of my mind.
dmsq35. I feel at home in situations where I am under pressure to make quick decisions.
dmsq36. I rarely act on impulse
dmsq37. I feel too tied down when I have to follow standard operating procedures for any length of time.
dmsq38. I don’t mind losing in most competitive situations.
dmsq39. I always devote a lot of time to evaluating options fully before coming to important decisions.
dmsq40. A lot of the emotions I experience in my leisure time are work related.
dmsq1 = strongly disagree, 2 = disagree, 3 = neither agree nor disagree, 4 = agree, 5 = strongly agree
dmsq41. I like to take my time over most decisions.

Decision Making Questionnaire

Please show how often each of the following applies to you by circling the number that you think applies. 1=very infrequently or never, 2=infrequently, 3=quite infrequently, 4=quite frequently, 5=frequently, 6=very frequently or always.

Very infrequently or never

Very frequently or always

1.       Do you enjoy making decisions?

2.       Do you rely on ‘gut feelings’ when making decisions?

3.       Do you like to consult with others?

4.       Do you stick by your decisions come what may?

5.       When you find one option that will just about do, do you leave it at that?

6.       Do you remain calm when you have to make decisions very quickly?

7.       Do you feel in control of things?

8.       How often are your decision governed by your ideals regardless of practical difficulties?

9.       Do you make decisions without considering all of the implications?

10.    Do you change your mind about things?

11.    Do you take the safe option if there is one?

12.    Do you prefer to avoid making decisions if you can?

13.    Do you plan well ahead?

14.    When making decisions do you find yourself favouring first one option then another?

15.    Do you carry on looking for something better even if you have found a course of action that is just about OK?

16.    Do you find it difficult to think clearly when you have to decide something in a hurry?

17.    Do you make up your own mind about things regardless of what others think?

18.    Do you avoid taking advice over decisions?

19.    Do you work out all the pros and cons before making a decision?

20.    In your decision making how often are practicalities more important than principles?

21.    Is your decision making a deliberate logical process?

Scoring System

1. Score 'very infrequently'=1 to 'very frequently'=6 for items: 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21.
  2. Score 'very infrequently'=6 to 'very frequently'=1 for items: 3, 5, 9, 12, 16, 20.
  3. Compute scale scores as follows:

Thoroughness=Q9+Q13+Q19+Q21

Control=Q1+Q6+Q7+Q12+Q16

Hesitancy=Q10+Q11+Q14

Social resistance=Q3+Q17+Q18

Optimising=Q5+Q15

Principled=Q8+Q20

Instinctiveness=Q2+Q4

Ergonomics. 1993 Jun;36(6):627-44

Decision-making style, driving style, and self-reported involvement in road traffic accidents.

French DJ, West RJ, Elander J, Wilding JM.

Psychology Department, Royal Holloway and Bedford New College, University of London, UK.

In an exploratory postal survey of 711 drivers stratified by age, sex, annual mileage, and accident involvement, decision-making style was measured using a Decision-Making Questionnaire (DMQ) and driving style was assessed using a Driving Style Questionnaire (DSQ). Responses to 21 items of the DMQ formed seven independent and internally coherent dimensions according to a principal components (PC) analysis. These were labelled: control, thoroughness, instinctiveness, social resistance, hesitancy, perfectionism, and idealism. PC analysis also revealed that responses to 15 items of the DSQ formed six independent dimensions of driving style. These were labelled: speed, calmness, social resistance, focus, planning, and deviance. Multiple regression analysis indicated that drivers of 60 years and under who scored lower on thoroughness were at greater risk of a traffic accident and that this relationship was mediated by faster driving. This relationship was independent of age, sex, annual mileage and all other factors measured. In the drivers over 60 years, lower thoroughness, greater hesitancy, and faster driving were independently associated with higher accident rates independent of all other factors measured. The results provide preliminary support for the view that people import aspects of their general decision-making style into the driving situation, and that in so doing they put themselves at differential risk of having a road traffic accident.

The Melbourne Decision Making Questionnaire: An Instrument for Measuring Patterns for Coping with Decisional Conflict

Download Attachment.

Description:

Purpose   The Melbourne Decision Making Questionnaire was designed to assess how individuals approach decision situations. It was intended to be an improvement on Mann's (1982) Flinders Decision Making Questionnaire. It distinguishes between 4 approaches to decisions.

• Vigilance involves a careful, unbiased, and thorough evaluation of alternatives and rational decision making.
  • Hypervigilance involves a hurried, anxious approach.
  • Procrastination involves delaying decisions.
  • Buck Passing involves leaving decisions to others and avoiding responsibility.
Questions   22 items
Sub-scales   4 sub-scales:

• Vigilance (V)
  • Hypervigilance (H)
  • Procrastination (P)
  • Buck Passing (B)
Domain    
Psychometrics    
Sample items  
  • I like to consider all of the alternatives. (V)
  • Whenever I face a difficult decision I feel pessimistic about finding a good solution. (H)
  • I prefer to leave decisions to others. (B)
  • Even after I have made a decision I delay acting upon it. (P)

References:

Scale:

• Mann, L. (1982). Flinders Decision Making Questionnaire II. Unpublished Questionnaire. The Flinders University of South Australia.
  • Mann, L., Burnett, P., Radford, M., & Ford, S. (1997). The Melbourne Decision Making Questionnaire: An instrument for measuring patterns for coping with decisional conflict. Journal of Behavioral Decision Making, 10(1), 1-19. doi:10.1002/(SICI)1099-0771(199703)10:1<1::AID-BDM242>3.0.CO;2-X
Share:

Please Login or Register